Get to know your potential My Personal Yoga Teacher a bit better–Niya Bajaj!
Niya loves sharing yoga with new yogis, those recovering, or recently recovered, from injury, and anyone interested in finding a more graceful, sustainable approach to their practice. Her sequences build on your current level of experience by providing variations with clear instructions and demonstrations. She is careful to tailor the structure, level, language and complexity of sequencing to accessibly and functionally share the practice so that you can benefit regardless of age, ability, or physicality.
Niya teaches in: Etobicoke and Toronto
Anna’s experiences include: Body Positive Yoga, Vinyasa, Restorative, Yin, Prenatal, Postnatal, Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, Meditation, Anxiety, and Depression
Following is a little interview with Niya!
• What got you into yoga?
My dad signed me up for my first class when I was 13. He said "Go learn something and then come and teach me!" The practice helped me manage my anxiety, and eventually build the confidence and skills to teach.
• Favourite thing about one of your yoga trainings
Learning to be gentle with myself as I approach challenges and new perspectives. It's something I occasionally need to be reminded of.
• Favourite thing about teaching private sessions
Finding customized solutions to help ensure ongoing movement is sustainable, grounding and balanced.
• Go to grounding practice
Recipe development! It's nerdy, but I love working with food and building on my years as a restaurateur to create inclusive, nourishing, delicious meals that are reflective of the environment and minimize food waste.
• What are you most grateful for these days? The incredible communities I am privileged to be part of, and the luxury of offering them support because I can.
• Current Favourite Meal A hybrid of ayurvedic kitchari that my mom used to make me, and a congee that I fell in love with while travelling with a good friend.
• Current Favourite Book Terese Marie Mailhot's Heart Berries
• Current favourite Place Curled up on my couch with my executive assistant (and cat) Mexa
• Quote currently Inspiring you "The endless cycle of idea and action, endless invention, endless experiment, brings knowledge of motion, but not of stillness..." - T.S. Eliot
Interested in working with Niya? Fill out our intake form HERE!